ZenfolioPress does not currently support the display of galleries or collections that are private or password protected on Zenfolio, but there is an easy way to still provide your clients with protected galleries on your WordPress based site.
First, you will need to create a “hidden” gallery on Zenfolio:
- Create a group named “hidden”, “private” or any other name of your choosing. Set the Access Control on this group to private.
- Create a new gallery or collection within the private group.
- Uncheck the Access Control option for Same as Containing Group.
- Select the Access option for Public.
- Select the Search and Metadata option to not include photos in any search results
- Put your images into this new hidden gallery
Next, you will need to create a password protected page in WorkPress:
- Create a new page in WordPress. Set the Visibility on the page to Password Protected.
- Put your ZenfolioPress short code on the page and set the id to match your hidden gallery on Zenfolio.
- Publish your page
A password will now be required to see the protected page on your WordPress site. Your ZenfolioPress gallery will not be password protected, but putting the gallery under a private group will block the ability to simply browse to the hidden page. A viewer would have to guess the unique id of the page within your Zenfolio site in order to view it, which is not a simple task.
I’ve posted an example gallery here, the password is “hidden”.